Conduent Public Health Research Assistant in Berkeley, California
Public Health Research Assistant
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
Conduent Healthy Communities Institute is looking for a full-time Research Assistant to support the core functions of the Research Department. The primary role of the Research Assistant is to develop, update, and manage health indicators and other related content on community health information websites. This entry-level position provides great experience in public health, and contributes to building healthier communities in the U.S. Opportunities may also be presented to engage in consulting projects with our Consulting Services Department on an as-needed basis to provide public health services to a variety of healthcare and government professionals. This position supports the work of healthcare providers, health departments, and health collaboratives across the country in their community health improvement efforts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Analyzing large quantities of quantitative and qualitative public health data
● Maintaining and curating a database of health and health-related indicators, including metadata to provide context for users in an easily understandable format
● Maintaining and curating a database of community health interventions with proven public health impact
● Supporting community health needs assessments through data collection, analysis, and report writing
● Interpreting and effectively communicating data analysis findings to audiences with a wide range of public health knowledge
● Assisting in the development and creation of new data visualizations and web-based communication tools
● Developing reports, summarizing data findings, and offering recommendations
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and characteristics:
● Experience working with Microsoft Excel
● Strong attention to detail, excellent writing skills, and knowledge of basic statistics
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team, manage multiple priorities, utilize effective time management skills, and be able to perform in a fast-paced dynamic environment
● Strong writer with solid analytical and presentation skills
● Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis with ability to synthesize and present findings through compelling narratives and visuals
● Preferred skills: Familiarity with statistical analysis applications (SAS, R, SPSS, STATA); Experience with ArcGIS software and mapping methods; Familiarity with medical terminology; Understanding of the relationship between healthcare and the broader community as it pertains to implementation of public health programs and services
Candidates must have a BA/BS degree in public health or related field. This role is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Position is in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form at https://downloads.conduent.com/content/usa/en/file/conduent-applicant-adaaa-referral-form.pdf .
Job Service Delivery Management
Primary Location United States-California-Berkeley
Organization Financial Service Healthcare
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 18010120